Reduction of Mercury Emissions
Objective:Overview of the latest technologies concerning the abatement and measurement of mercury emissions with regard to present and future legal requirements.
Target Group:Process engineers, plant design engineers, environmental engineers, national and international associations.
Description:The use of abatement technologies in the cement industry has a long tradition. In view of increasing stringent legal requirements the challenge is to further develop and improve established as well as new technologies. This seminar will give an overview of current developments and will present first-hand plant reports regarding abatement technologies for the reduction of mercury emissions from the clinker burning process. In addition, the latest technologies and experiences concerning the measurement of mercury will be presented. The seminar includes a visit to the Wietersdorfer & Peggauer cement plant in Austria which uses a split preheater system for the reduction of mercury emissions (xmercury).
- Present and future environmental legal requirements and their impact on the cement industry
- The behaviour of mercury in the clinker burning process and the impact of dust shuttling on emissions
- Operational experiences with the use of activated carbon
- Five years' experience with the xmercury technology at Wietersdorf plant
- First experiences with xmercury technology in Schwenk Zement plant Allmendingen
- Mercury blance for the German cement industry
- Mercury emissions from cement mills
- Continuous mercury measurement
|Date||Venue||Nearest airport||Price||Registration deadline|
|29-30.10.2019||Klein St. Paul, Austria||Graz||1,350.00 EUR||18.10.2019|
The above price is for ECRA members only. Non-members will be charged double. There is a discount of 25% for each additional participant from the same company address.