Online Seminar: Innovations in the Resource Efficiency of the Concrete Sector
R&D, engineering, sales and marketing
As the world continues to urbanise, many countries will face challenges in meeting the needs of their growing urban populations, including for housing, transportation, energy systems and other infrastructures. Concrete makes a valuable contribution to this worldwide. The challenge will be to meet the enormous demand for concrete structures without a further significant increase in the demand for natural resources, and also achieve the aim of carbon neutrality. Resource efficiency and decarbonisation are increasingly becoming the focus of attention. They can be implemented at the following levels:
- building material (Portland cement clinker, cement, concrete)
- building (construction, service life)
If these approaches can be combined, the reduction in the use of resources and the emission of CO₂ may be even greater. Both with known technologies and with new approaches we need to ask which obstacles may hinder a broad application in practice today. How do we use clinker-efficient cements on a broader scale? Why are known methods of packing density optimisation in daily concrete production rarely used in practice? What incentives could change this? How can architects and designers make greater use of solutions such as concrete hollow core slabs, in which only half as much concrete is needed compared to the “classic” reinforced concrete solution? What potentials do new technologies like gradient concrete or 3D-printing offer?
- Setting the scene: From the clinker factor to resource-efficient constructions
- Gradient Concrete: Design methods and experimental investigation of weight-optimised components
- Less is more: Using Ultra-High Performance Concrete to build thinner, lighter and less resource-consuming building elements
- Resource efficiency: Potentials in prefabrication
- Closing the loop: What contribution can recycling really make?
- Concrete 3D Printing: First on-site experiences in Germany
|Date||Venue||Nearest airport||Price||Registration deadline|
The above price is for ECRA members only. Non-members will be charged double.
Sorry, the registration is closed already.